Short Film Station 2015
|Talent||Pham Ngoc Lan|
|Role of participant||Writer/Director|
|Director||Pham Ngoc Lan|
|Screenwriter||Pham Ngoc Lan|
|Running time||25 min|
|Year of production||2016|
|Country of Production||Vietnam|
SynopsisWhen the urban landscape shapes the human relations: a mature woman, a bride and a group of young people seek proximity in the anonymity of the big city.
A drenched middle-aged woman taking off her wig, gazing out of the glass windows.
A young man bursting into tears in a karaoke room surrounded by tropical landscape wallpaper.
A young woman trying to wipe a smear off of the wedding dress she’s wearing.
Each predicament is woven seamlessly together by a familiar Asian refrain…
Participation in international festivals / awardsSelected screenings:
– 66th Berlinale Shorts Competition, Berlin, Germany (world premiere)
– International Shorts Competition, Uppsala International Short Film Festival 2016, Uppsala, Swedden (Swedden premiere) – Uppsala Award ‘In Memory of Ingmar Bergman’
– International Shorts Competition, Indie Lisboa International Film Festival 2016, Lisbon, Portugal (Portugal premiere) – special mention prize for short fiction
– Chicago Underground Film Festival 2016, Chicago, USA – honorable mention award from the jury
– International Shorts Competition, Hanoi International Film Festival 2016 (HANIFF 2016), Hanoi, Vietnam – Best Director of Short Film Award
– Palm Springs International ShortFest 2016, California, USA
|Actor||Vu Do Quang Minh|
|Actor||Dang Tuan Anh|
|Actor||Khong Viet Bach|
|Director of Photography||Le Kim Hung|
|Producer||Ngo Dai Trang|
|Editor||Pham Thi Hao|
|Music Composer||Khăc Hung|
|Sound Designer||Arnaud Soulier|
|Name||Pham Ngoc Lan|