|Role of participant||Director|
|Director||Nicolas Iordanou & Sylvia Nicolaides|
|Producer||Nicolas Iordanou & Sylvia Nicolaides|
|Running time||20 min|
|Year of production||2017|
|Country of Production||Cyprus|
SynopsisFollowing war in 1974, in which more than 200,000 Greek and Turkish Cypriots were displaced, the island of Cyprus has remained divided until today, separating the two communities that once lived together. The Turkish Cypriot community were made refugees fleeing to the north of the island, and the Greek Cypriots to the South, a separation with borders that remains until today.
'Common Ground' is a documentary about an art project between children of the two communities that they never actually met, but exchanged video messages between them and materials from their city, creating a communication bridge between them.
Participation in international festivals / awards- 33rd Alexandria Film Festival for Mediterranean Countries Alexandria, EGYPT (Jury's Award)
- iPAS - Independent Political/Activism Short Film Festival Athens
- KIDS FIRST! Film Festival Santa Fe, New Mexico, U.S.A.
- SR Socially Relevant Film Festival New York New York, U.S.A.
- Alexandria Film Festival Alexandria - Virginia, U.S.A.
- West Side Mountains Doc Fest, GREECE
- International Festival of Archaeological, Ethnographic and Historical Documentary and Culture, Nicosia CYPRUS