A Rough Cut Of Love
Um Corte Brusco de Amor
|Role of participant||Director|
|Running time||7 min|
|Year of production||2016|
|Country of Production||United Kingdom|
LoglineAlessandra is a young Brazilian immigrant employed at a factory in North London. She fears the day when the machines will come and she will either be promoted to machine operator or made redundant.
SynopsisAlessandra is a young Brazilian immigrant employed at a factory in North London. A working class heroine, she grafts hard to keep her position. Alessandra laughs, smokes and eats four Donuts a day from IKEA round the corner to help her keep going. She fears the day when the machines will come and she will either be promoted to machine operator or made redundant.
Participation in international festivals / awardsFILM RELEASE
- 16ª MFL Mostra do Filme Livre (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) - In competition - 'Mundo Livre' section
- Ce l'ho Corto, Rassegna di Cortometraggi (Bologna, Italy)
- Independientes, Primer Festival de Cortometrajes (Arequipa, Peru)
- A Rough Cut of Love went on a tour around Brazil that started in July 2017. The short film was distributed by Mostra do Filme Livre in the action Cineclubes Livres and screened in the following states:
Amazonas, Minas Gerais, Santa Catarina, Espírito Santo, Maranhão, Rio Grande do Sul, Rio Grande do Norte, Roraima, Mato Grosso, Bahia, Rio de Janeiro, Paraíba, São Paulo, Pernambuco, Ceará, Distrito Federal, Alagoas and Goiás; in over 50 different cities across the country.
The tour finished late September 2017 in the US with a screening at the Boston University.
Full info: http://mostradofilmelivre.com/17/info.php?c=12240
- MIRA - IV Lateinamerikanisches Independent Film Festival
- Unframed Festival 2018 (Berlin, Germany)